Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Recipe!

Last night for dinner I made this new recipe. Crista, Jerrad and Robert LOVED it. It wasn't my most favorite ever, but I'm the weird one. (Kara has no opinion cuz she was working and didn't eat any of it...) Since people liked it so much, I thought I'd share it here.

Pork Chops With Cheesy Has Brown Potatoes

6 boneless prok loin chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced (I used my pampered chef garlic press)
1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 (30 oz.) pkg frozen hash brown potatoes
1 1/2 cups shredded baby swiss cheese (I just used swiss cheese, I don't know if it was baby or not....)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat, turning once to brown; set aside.
3. Add onions and garlic to pan and cook and stir over medium heat until crisp and tender.
4. Add condensed soup and milk; cook and stir until bubbly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
6. In 9x13" glass baking dish, combine potatoes and cheeses and toss to mix.
7. Add the soup/onion mixture and stir to combine.
8. Place the browned pork chops on top.
9. Bake casserole, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes.
(Okay, I suggest thawing the potatoes and stirring the cheese and potatoes together in a bowl. Then add put them in the 9x13" pan after you've sprayed with Pam. Makes clean up a whole lot easier!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea for new recipes! I heart them.